Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day and More

I’m taking a quick break from packing and cleaning to wish my husband a Happy Father’s Day. It’s a little late but this weekend has been the beginning of moving chaos. He is the hardest working man I know, in fact, while other Dads are taking the day off today, my hubby has been working hard at cleaning and packing and getting ready for the movers (they arrive tomorrow!). He even scrubbed the oven for me late last night...that’s dedication! The kids and I are really blessed to have such a strong, hard-working, moral, leader of our family. Speaking of leading, I took this photo as we were rushing into Bill’s graduation ceremony last week.  


When I look at it, I think of the military slogan,“Lead the Way.” And there is no one more capable, in my eyes, at leading us as a family. 

In other news, we’re wrapping up our final goodbyes. We said goodbye to most of our local friends; many of them are moving, too. And today we attended our church here, Christ Community Church (CCC), for the last time. We have been so blessed by CCC. The worship – especially the variety of the worship – has always inspired us and the instruction has been sound and given us ol’ Christians new fundamental truths to live by. Yet, I’m thrilled at the thought that next Sunday we’ll be at our “home” church, Vantage Point Church, in California.  (It’s funny that I now put “home” in quotation marks. It’s almost an abstract idea to me now.) I will admit, it’s been so encouraging to see God at work in other parts of the world. I guess I had this funny idea in my head that God was only at work in Eastvale, California. Silly me.   

I’m so excited for our visit to California.  It’s the second thing keeping me standing as we tear down our life, which is never an easy process for me, and start over again.

To my California friends, see you soon!!  Can’t wait!

 

No comments: