Sunday, January 13, 2013

A little spa when you're feeling blah


Since mid-December someone in my family, including me, has been getting sick, sick, or recovering from being sick. Add freezing temps and allergies into the mix and you have a whole lot of not fun times. After reading this article, I’m not surprised and I’m actually grateful it hasn’t been worse for us. Still, we’ve been having some blah days. I’ve been combating the “yuckies” with these feel-good cures.

Eucalyptus Bath

Necessity is the mother of all invention, and thanks to the guidance of my “granola” friend, I came up with this extremely soothing bath.

Hot bath water, 5-10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil and 5 drops of baby oil, makes for a comforting, soothing, and moisturizing soak.

Just think of how much they’d charge you at a real spa for that kind of treatment!

Ginger Tea

I like this tea anytime but it has been especially useful when both my stomach and throat hurt.

Take an 8oz cup of Ginger tea and add a squirt of lemon and tablespoon of honey. Then curl up with a blanket and a good book.

Even if you’re not sick, look at all the health benefits Ginger has to offer. If only I could live up to the root!  ;)  



I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

No comments: