Saturday, July 27, 2013

Our First Week of Homeschool in Photos


This week we started our homeschool adventure. Eeks! I was geared up for a hard transition but the kids were very excited and eager to learn. A welcomed change from the usual back-to-school drama we experience leading up to the first day of school. I loved being so involved in curriculum choices, the flexibility and, to my surprise, I felt a lot less rushed and stressed during the day. And we all loved having NO HOMEWORK.

First Day of School

I'll be homeschooling Sienna full-time and Grant will be joining us part-time. He starts back at his private school in a couple of weeks. He'll be there for a half day in the morning and then we'll cover some science and history together when he's home in the afternoon. I want to include him in the homeschooling fun but I don't think I'm cut out for teaching ABCs and the fundamentals of reading. I'll leave that to the professionals! He'll continue there until we move and then I'll homeschool him full-time the rest of the year. 

US History

Wrote letters to our "adopted" Compassion International kids for Language Arts and then learned about their countries for Geography!

We haven't come up with a name for our school yet (any ideas?) but we do have a mascot. We are the Dangerous Dogs! And here's our fearless mascot...


Speaking of animals, the kitties were less enthusiastic about school. 

Something you wouldn't see in public school!
 
We had a great first week of homeschool. I'm hoping and praying this trend continues. I’m excited to see where this year takes us.

2 comments:

JG said...

I kid you not, I still remember my very first day of homeschool as a kid. It was so much fun! You're making great memories for your kiddos!

Traci said...

You're awesome, Ginger! It sounds like fun!