Thursday, February 28, 2013

The things kids (and Mom) say...


If you were a fly on the wall at our house recently, you would have overheard these funny conversations:

Grant, walking around the house sniffing: “It stinks in here….oh wait, it’s just my breath.”

Sienna: “Wow, Mom, you look pretty good for not having on any makeup.”
Me: “I am wearing makeup.”
Sienna: “Oh.”

Sienna: “And guess what, Grant? I almost had to take antibiotics!”
Me: “That pink stuff was antibiotics”
Sienna: “Really? Oh. Guess what, Grant? I had to take antibiotics! Oh, and I had a pink eye!”
Grant, deadpan: “Better than a black eye.”

Sienna, while looking at the overflowing laundry basket: "I guess we're going to have to start acting like Daddy and wear things until they start to smell. Peeeeeeww!"

I don’t know where they get this stuff but it sure cracks me up. And to be fair, here’s something I said that had the kids giggling long after I said it.

Me: “It’s not like I wake up in the morning and say, “Gosh, I can’t wait until Grant yells, “I’m done!” after making a poop.”

These might only be funny to me (happens often!) or maybe “you had to be there.” But for some odd reason these comments make me laugh and I had to share. I guess some days you have to focus on the humor of things and situations...or go crazy! Thankfully, when life is getting too serious, I have two pint-sized goof balls that provide the comic relief I need. 


No comments: