Saturday, August 18, 2012

Teacher Survival Kits


Last weekend, the kids and I put together Teacher Survival Kits for their teachers. There are many ideas and options floating around on the Internet and Pinterest.



Here’s what our kits included:

Two Via instant coffee packs from Starbucks
Two tea bags of green tea
One package of dry erase markers
Post-it Flag-plug highlighter with post-it tabs
Post-it notes
Gum
Lipgloss
Some cookies and crackers
Custom-made bookmark, decorated by the kids

I used the templates for the bookmark and envelope note here. I printed them out, glued the note to the outside of the envelope, and had the kids decorate the bookmark. After they decorated the bookmark, I used self-laminating sheets to laminate the bookmark.

 
It’s a fun idea for the first day of school. Unfortunately, I was about two weeks late for Sienna’s first day of school. Still, early or late, the teachers seemed to really like it.

I like to be a blessing to teachers, especially those working in the public school system. Teaching is a tough job. I know I could never do it. And, unfortunately, it seems too many parents make the teacher’s job harder, instead of easier.

Plus, I like this idea because it gives the kids a chance to appreciate their teachers, too.

"Let us decide on the route that we wish to take to pass our life, and attempt to sow that route with flowers."
— Madame du Chatele

No comments: