Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Hike

We went for a hike last Mother's Day and I had so much fun that I asked to do it again this year. It might become a tradition! 

I had to laugh because our hiking terrain couldn't have been more opposite when you compare this year with last year. 

Last year in Georgia:

 This year in Texas:



But both hikes were a little out of my comfort zone. I'm not much of a nature girl. At its root, I guess that's what Mother's Day is all about, pushing out of your comfort zone, right?! ;) 

Still, it was great to be outside enjoying the fresh air, beautiful blue sky and all nature had to share with us. 





Can you spot the lizard in the photo above? And hey, we only had one meltdown over a bug! We're making progress! 

We stopped for a snack at the top. Can't beat the view!

 

After climbing down this mountain of rocks...

 
 I was happy to have this reward....





Cheers!




3 comments:

Andrea Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Lee said...

Beautiful pictures! Are they from your phone?

Ginger G said...

Thank you and yes! :)