Monday, April 16, 2012

Meal Plan: "Taste of Home" Edition

We were home most of the weekend with sick kids. It gave me a chance to get organized for the upcoming week, including working on my meal plan. I've gotta admit, I've been slacking off on my meal planning. The hubby has been gone a lot in the field and between that, and the recent heat waves, I haven't had much motivation to cook or eat. In a perfect world I'd snack my way through the day. But, I'm going to power through this week and try to eat well. Plus, I was recently introduced to Taste of Home magazine/website and have several recipes I want to try. So, here's what's cooking this week....

(To view the links, you might have to sign up on the Taste of Home website; it's free and a great resource. You won't regret it, I promise!) 

Greek-Style Pizza

Monterey Artichoke Panini

Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad

For Dessert: Strawberry Trifle

Lastly, I came across this article about giving up microwaving. I've given up on microwaving several times in the past because I've always thought it seemed "unnatural" to me. But, sometimes with kids, you need food and you need it fast. Still, I try to use it sparingly and rely on my toaster oven to reheat leftover food (great for leftover pizza or kids chicken nuggets, etc.) Apparently, I'm not the only person who has this weird quirk about microwaves. 

Hope you all have a great week and happy cooking! :) 

No comments: