Monday, January 30, 2012

To-Do Lists and Monday Meal Plan


I love lists. (Cue Modern Family: “She can make lists for days.”) And I’m always looking for ways to fine-tune my organization, schedule and list management. But, you know what? I keep coming back to the basic paper calendar sheet. To me, it really is the best organization system. I think I need the visual reminders or something. Anyway, I’ve come across the coolest little organization tools and wanted to share them with you.

For broad-scope to-do items – such as, appointments, calls, errands, visits, etc. that need to be made or done soon but not necessarily tomorrow – I recommend the “Ultimate To-Do List” which I found on RealSimple.com. To download the document, click here.

For daily and weekly organization, I highly recommend the Week at A Glance and Daily Log from A Holy Experience blog. I love, love, love these documents because they allow me to put all the mundane to-do items in one place without forgetting about my “bigger picture” focuses, like relationships I want to work on and/or a place for a memory verse. For her explanation on the purpose of each section and to download, click here.  

Here’s my Week:


I lead a very fascinating life. Ha! So, I fill this out every Sunday night and post on our cupboard. I think hubby likes it, too, because it helps him keep track of his on-the-go family.

Ok, now for some fun stuff…recipes, recipes, recipes!

(Click on titles for links to recipe)

My newest favorite breakfast:

Cinnamon Sugar Waffle “Fingers” – you AND the kids will gobble these up, I promise! And so easy!!

A tasty soup:

Zesty Chicken Tortellini – this recipe is designed for you to make and freeze for future use. We ate half and froze the other half. It’ll make for a quick and easy dinner on a busy night. Two birds with one stone!

For dessert:

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bars – Pumpkin, chocolate, cheesecake…”these are a few of my favorite things”…I made these this weekend on our stay-at-home-in-our-pjs Saturday. These brownie bars are very moist and cakelike, but not too sweet (despite what you’d think by the name). Great with vanilla ice cream. See the temptation below…



Have a great week!

2 comments:

~Tricia said...

The daily docket here is one of my favorites:

http://simplemom.net/tools/downloads/

S said...

Ooh Ginger! You are an organizer after my own heart! Thank you so much for posting these planners. I love them, and plan on using them asap!