Thursday, August 25, 2011

What's Playing

 
Here's the list of my recent iTunes purchases:

“Hey Mama” – Mat Kearney
“Lead Me” – Sanctus Real
“O Praise Him (All This for a King)” – David Crowder Band
“Please Don’t Leave Me” – Pink
“Lisztomania” - Phoenix
“Barking at the Moon” – Bolt Soundtrack
“Hold My Heart” – Tenth Avenue North
“Straight Edge of the Blade” – Jenny and Johnny

Ha! The iTunes Store is going to have a hard time placing this gal into a recommended music category. 

I find inspiration in all sorts of music. And for unique reasons I’m digging the songs above. Sometimes the lyrics are important to me (O Praise Him) and sometimes it’s only the beat that entices me (Lisztomania) and sometimes a little bit of both (Please Don’t Leave Me). And sometimes I just like weird songs (Straight Edge of the Blade). I might be losing “street cred” for listing a Pink song as something meaningful to me. She’s real and somewhat offensive and somewhat tender and it’s that odd mix that makes me like her and appreciate her songs.

So if music is a peek into someone’s heart and mood you can take a guess at what’s on my heart and mind lately. 


Also, check out this video.

If you feel like sharing, tell me what’s on your playlist lately...

No comments: