Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's Chips and Salsa Time!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo (a.k.a Drinko de Mayo) here's my AWARD-WINNING salsa recipe: 

Ginger's White Girl Salsa

Add these ingredients to a food processor:

2 cans of diced tomatoes (I use Hunt's Diced Fire Roasted canned tomatoes)

2 chopped garlic cloves
about half a bunch of cilantro, chopped
the juice from 1 lime

2 jalapeno peppers
1 green serrano pepper
2 stalks of green onions
salt and pepper to taste (I always use sea salt)

Blend and enjoy!
Side note:  More times than I care to mention, I have confused cilantro with parsley (insert dumb blond joke here) but it actually makes an interesting Italian/Mexican fusion salsa that can be used to make bruschetta appetizers.  Take thick slices of french or sourdough bread, drizzle with olive oil, spread "Italian Salsa" on top, top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 400-degrees for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts (don't let them burn!). 

No comments: