Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cozy Wednesday

It's a sunny but cold morning and it's feeling like the perfect morning to be nice and cozy at home.  The kids are both at school and the house is quiet except for the hum of the laundry machine.  That poor machine never gets a break! It's the last week of school before summer break and I'm a little nervous about having the kids full-time again.  I can't remember how I did all my chores and errands with two kids in-tow? Anyway, I'm excusing myself from my to-do list this morning, and I'm going to make myself a cup of hot chocolate and start Beth Moore's "Here and Now There and Then" study on Revelation.  With all the craziness happening in the world, I'm feeling the urge to learn more about the things to come. 

Later today, Sienna and I are going to bake Brownie Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies and package them up for their teachers and crossing guards.  There are two crossing guards at Sienna's school, one of them works the driveway area and the other one works in the parking lot.  The one in the parking lot is the art teacher at the school and she was recently HIT by a car driven by A PARENT.  Talk about an occupational hazard!  I've seen some crazy things happen in the school parking lot, and I'm sure glad they're both there every morning, rain or not, to help with the flow of traffic. And of course, anyone who can handle a classroom of children is a saint to me. I can barely handle my two! I wish we could do more to thank them but hopefully these yummy cookies will bring them some joy. 

No comments: