Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Georgia On My Mind


It’s countdown time.  We only have a month and a half left here in Georgia.  It’s official: graduation date set, airplane tickets bought, movers scheduled.  As with most goodbyes, it’s bittersweet.  After being here for four months, we are finally getting comfortable.  A fun network of friends, a great church, we know how to get around town, which dentists to avoid, you know, all the things taken for granted when you’re settled somewhere for a long period of time.  My heart hesitates at having to start the whole process over again so soon.  And mostly, I’m sad to say goodbye to my “Georgia vacation” (the term I have affectionately given our season in Georgia).  It’s been a rejuvenating and refreshing time for our family. 
Here’s what I’ll miss about Georgia:
1.       The best BBQ ever!
2.       Southern drawls and y’alls
3.       The sassy locals
4.       Historic homes and sprawling lawns
5.       Awesome rainstorms
6.       Beautiful sunsets
7.       Warm rain
8.       The multitude of flowers, trees and all the shades of green
9.       The local parks
Here’s what I won’t miss:
1.       Tornado watches and warnings
2.       Tailgating.  And I don’t mean getting tipsy before a football game.  I mean someone riding your tail on the highway.  Forget Meth, tailgating is Georgia’s biggest problem!
3.       Humidity and its nasty side effects
4.       FRIZZY HAIR (see above!)
5.       Two showers a day (again, see above)
6.       Bugs, bees and snakes
7.       Allergies and sinus infections
I know another adventure awaits us, with a new set of challenges and victories.   In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy my last few weeks as a Southern Belle.
 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Ginger ~
I'm really enjoying your blog...You're an excellent writer :) And so funny too :0)
Looking forward to reading about your next set of adventures!!