Wednesday, March 30, 2011

PB&J Smoothie


I’m on a smoothie-for-a-snack kick right now.  It’s a good way to consume all that overly ripe fruit laying around the kitchen.

Here’s my favorite combo:

PB & J Smoothie

1 cup of lowfat milk
½ cup of vanilla or plain lowfat yogurt 
5-6 ripe strawberries
1 heaping tablespoon of pb (I use Archer Farms® Peanut Butter with Flaxseed from Target for an added bit of texture and crunch and because flaxseed is all the rage right now)

Blend all together in a blender, pour and enjoy!  This will make one small smoothie, double the recipe if you want to make a larger smoothie or to have it as a meal.  For another tasty option, you can also sub the strawberries for a medium ripe banana for a PB&B Smoothie. 

Happy blending! 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Mmmmmmm....Sounds delicious :) I would go make it right now if I had yogurt :(

Amy n' Jonas said...

MMMM!! I love smoothies!! Easy and refreshing especially with all the fruits that are in season right now....