Saturday, March 19, 2011

And Puppy Makes Five


It started out like any other Saturday.  We were running errands, I ran into Kohl’s and Hubby took the kids into PetCo to look at the animals (like we’ve done many times before).

Then we met Nico….

A Chili Pepper Scarf?  He's already set for Texas!


I guess I could say he’s our “pupmate” because we all fell in love with him immediately. When he climbed into Hubby’s lap, I knew it was a done deal.  Even Sienna, who’s been begging for a kitty for months and months, said she would rather have Nico. And as we were leaving PetCo, Grant gave the PAWS volunteer a big hug and told her, “thank you for taking care of my puppy.”  



He’s an awesome dog; he’d have to be to win me over.  He’s a 4-month old puppy, black with a white strip on his tummy (which makes him look like he’s wearing a tuxedo; that’ll come in handy for my Oscar parties), a Lab/Retriever mix, and has a very gentle soul.  I think he’ll be good for us.

We decided to keep the name Nico (given to him at the shelter), but when we got home, I looked it up and found out it means: Victorious People.  How appropriate!

Now, we just need to get to know each other…it’ll be a fun and interesting transition for all of us. 



Wow…I can’t believe I have a dog!!!  

Proud Mama and her pups

3 comments:

Martha said...

awww, he is so cute!! Congratulations--he looks like a dog everyone who comes to your house will love too (unlike ours!). I've been trying to figure out why I have this impulsive urge to have a dog and I think it's because a dog makes a house cozier.

Kim said...

He looks really sweet!! Congrats!! Hopefully he's at least partially house-trained for you ... =o)

Deane was just getting a smile out of Bill's big smile -- you can tell he already LOVES his dog.

Amy n' Jonas said...

Awww... I cant believe you guys got a dog after all!! Its amazing what an animal will do to ya..I grew up having dogs so my life would be pretty much incomplete without one...right now we have Snuggles...she's been with us thru everything and I swear if only she can talk...all our secrets would be out!! LOL. Miss you guys!!