Thursday, December 6, 2012

Homemade Foaming Handsoap

I love fancy and sweet-smelling hand soap. It’s one of those little indulgences. The problem is they are a bit pricey (although, I usually only buy them on sale!) and for some reason they dry my hands out. So, when I saw a recipe for homemade foaming hand soap, I decided to give it a try. It’s super easy! And, as Bill would say, “practically free!”

 
Rinse out an empty bottle of hand soap – it must be one that has the special foaming pump. (Don’t ask me to explain the science behind the special foaming pump ‘cause I don’t know!) Then fill it 1/3 full with any type of hand soap. I use Ivory. Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled or purified water (optional – regular water works fine, too!). I use purified/distilled water only because our tap water is very “hard” here. Then add 5 drops of an essential oil of your choice (also optional). I've used Lavender and Lemon and buy it HERE. Put back on the cap and then gently roll the bottle (don’t shake) to combine.

Viola! Homemade hand soap!

And you can re-use the bottles several times.

No comments: