Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Heart Chocolate


It’s Valentine’s Day; the special day dedicated to expressing our love to our favorite ones! Since my Valentine is currently living in a tent in the desert, I’m going to take this time to talk about my first love: CHOCOLATE!! Oh, how I love you…let me count the ways…

We actually celebrated Valentine’s Day early with a Fonduezvous (Fondue + Rendezvous = Fonduezvous!) stay-in date night. It was really nice. Although, the kids “serenaded” us with their calls and crying, nothing could ruin the deliciousness of an entire pot of chocolate. Nothing.

And yes, of course, I’m going to share the recipe with you! I found the original recipe in my People magazine but I changed it a little bit. 



Dark Chocolate and Amaretto Fondue

Ingredients
1 cup of heavy cream
8 oz. dark chocolate (at least 60% cacao), coarsely chopped
1/3 cup amaretto liqueur

Directions
1) Warm heavy cream for 5 minutes on low heat in fondue pot. Stir often.
2) Add chocolate to cream and whisk until melted and blended.
3) Add amaretto and whisk again until blended.
4) Keep fondue pot on warm (on my pot, it was set on 275-degrees). You want it to be warm and slightly bubbly but not so warm that it’ll burn.
5) Serve with any combination of the following: pretzel sticks, angel food cake pieces, strawberries, dried apricots, marshmallows, graham crackers, etc.

I highly recommend you pair with any Chocolate Box red wine. I’ve only found it at Cost Plus World Market but it’s worth the trip! 



Finally, a special greeting from Grant…



Happy Valentine’s Day! May you have a day filled with love and chocolate!

1 comment:

S said...

Oh My! I just saw this blog post. Grant is so adorable! I want to give him a big bear hug!!! Your recipe sounds awesome, but sadly I do not own a fondue pot. :o( You'll just have to make it for me next time we get together!