Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meal Plan: Part 3 - and more!


I’m back!

I broke one of my “rules” and took a mini-vacation from blogging. Not because I wanted to or because I didn’t have anything to write, but because I don’t have three arms and two heads (but imagine what I could do if I did!). Actually, most of October was a wash due to allergies, colds, and stomach bugs…and all the chaos that life threw at us in-between. But, I’m ready to get back on track!

For starters, here’s my meal plan this week. It’s going to be another hectic week (the reason this is going up mid-week instead of on Monday) so I’m relying on Mr. Crockpot to save the day!

Crockpot Recipes:



And some good ol’ comfort food...

Easy French Bread Pizza

4-6 French bread sandwich rolls
shredded Mozzarella and/or Colby Jack cheese
sliced salami
sliced pepperoni
jar of pasta sauce

Preheat oven or broiler to 425-degrees. Slice sandwich rolls and lay halves on a cookie sheet. Top with pasta sauce, cheese, meats and any other topping you prefer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is slightly bubbly and golden. Serve with salad.

A side note, we all need a dose of encouragement now and again. Especially when you hold a somewhat thankless and unglamorous position of stay-at-home Mom. It's easy to get discouraged and frustrated. Thankfully, I was given the dose my heart was needing. I was flipping through Sienna's Awanas book and reviewing her work when I saw this note she had written:



  
Well, golly gee! I saw this and ruffled up my feathers. In Sienna’s eyes, I’m right up there with the best of ‘em. If that’s where I rank on her list, then I might be doing something (slightly) right and at the same time will continue to do my best to keep my rank. It was a small note that provided a big dose of encouragement!

It seems those doses of encouragement come when you need them the most, even if you have to look hard for them.

No comments: