Friday, August 12, 2011

Pieces From The Better Part Of Our Week


I’m still alive. We survived the move and all the associated drama.

Still, after this week, it’ll suffice to say we needed a morale boost and some pampering. So I decided to plan a spa party for Sienna and myself. I went with a “sweet” theme since we both love desserts.

“Ingredients”
Philosophy Double Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies Bubble Bath
Earth Therapeutics Oatmeal & Honey Exfoliating Scrub
Ulta Buttercream Cupcake Body Cream



We locked ourselves in the bathroom, lit a candle, soaked our feet, and painted our nails. We chatted and giggled. It was perfect.



I’m noticing more and more my little girl is becoming, well, a little girl! She’s interested in Pop music (Selena Gomez) and watching “real” TV shows (Good Luck Charlie, Shake it Up). I’m not sure why I’m surprised by all of it, after all, this is about the age that I started listening to Cyndi Lauper and watching Small Wonder. I’d spend more time reflecting about it if I didn’t have “I love you like a love song baby” stuck in my head. 

In other news, Bill had to conquer the post office alone today – shipping stuff out and picking up. Post office duty usually falls in my “lane.” Here’s the series of texts that I received from him during his time there: 

“At post office now. All those boxes at home and I’m buying one.”

“Do you have a pen in your car?”

“Yep, you know everything. I borrowed one. I’m spoiled. Used to you taking care of this stuff. Have no idea what I’m doing.”

“No line for mailing stuff. 20 person line for pick up.”

“Shoot me!!!!!”

“Your job sucks more than mine.”

“Play a word.”

“No wonder postal workers go postal.”

So hilarious! That guy cracks me up. It helps keep me sane.

Have a great weekend everyone!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! The husband kept trying to move our P.O. box to the base we live on instead of the one he works on, and I'm like, "No, really, I prefer that you get the mail! It's worth having to drive over there to do it when you're gone!"

S said...

Sienna is so grown-up! I can't believe you gals could have a spa day together! Where did my little peanut butter bandit go?!? I guess she's grown into more of a double chocolate chip mint kinda girl. . . I'll need a new nickname. :o)