Thursday, September 29, 2011

This Week Around Our House


I’ve been at home sick most of this week while the kids and Bill have had a busy week. As most of us know, life doesn't stop just because Momma gets sick. Actually, it’s been somewhat of a blessing because I’ve enjoyed my “down time” at home, trying out new recipes and catching up on my readings. I should make more time for lazy days at home, even when I’m not sick. 

So, big news, Sienna lost her other front tooth last night and I think she looks so cute with those holes in her smile. I asked her why she keeps losing teeth, expecting her to say it’s because she’s growing up, instead she said she wants her money from the tooth fairy. Then I asked her to make the “th” sound and she started giggling. Yep, still the heart of a kid with the brains of an adult. 


It’s “School Spirit” week at Sienna’s school - they are having “spirit” assemblies, rallies and parades all week long - and today the school was encouraging the kids to wear their favorite college team’s jersey. Can you guess what initials Sienna was sporting to school today? I’ll give you a hint…starts with U, ends with an SC.

It was also picture day at school for Grant. Aren’t they just too cute (even when I have them facing the sun and they're making their squinty faces)?!



In other news, for a couple of years we’ve been talking about creating a mission statement for our family and the topic has come up again lately. Bill’s favorite word right now is “deliberate.” In the past, I’ve been discouraged because Sargento already took the motto I wanted to pick.



I haven’t figured out our exact mission statement yet but I know it’ll go something along these lines: Follow God’s will for our lives, have a servant heart towards others, and eat a lot of cheese and chocolate. I can’t think of what else is missing?!  

In all honesty, I want my mission statement to capture some of the thoughts and feelings conveyed here. Obviously a more eloquent writer than myself (maybe one day?!), she brought me to tears and nailed exactly how I feel about our life, my kiddos and our relationship. 

My question to you is, have you created a mission statement for yourself or your family?

No comments: